Workout!

For all the things that don’t fit anywhere else
Elaini
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Elaini

Workout!

Post by Elaini » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:22 am

Post your favorite ways of workout / move tips. I'd be glad to try them out if I'm able. :D

Let's do this.

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Re: Workout!

Post by WickedAngel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:10 pm

My favourite work outs are usually in the water....Aqua aerobics or doing laps...I also do gym workouts to help with the knee and upper body strength that I lost after cancer treatment....if you can go to a gym, get their staff to make you a personal workout that is suited to you..

but my most favourite work outs especially at this time of year, are to run around the outside of a netball court yelling at people for doing the wrong thing....and not getting into trouble for it.... :lol: :D :shock:

Yes Daise I'm starting to have a little free time....down to three days a week of netball...instead of 5 or 6 :shock:

ChocolateCookie
Pixel Mod

Post by ChocolateCookie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Right now, we are on a summer break but normally I have martial arts four times a week and I love it, even though we get hurt sometimes. We have regular work outs 3 times a week and weapons' training once a week where we learn to use some old asian weapons like Chinese swords, this spring we were using the tanbo.

But as I can't do that right now, I try to mostly replace it with running every night. I've never been a very good runner so it's the perfect thing to work on for me, up to about 8k right now and I'm starting to like it more and more. Very relaxing for me. I'm trying swimming as well but I'm definitely not enjoying that as much.

I used to love cardio, especially dancing, but I had to stop because my weight became an issue. I'm not a big eater so I'll end up being more underweight than I already am.

Seige
Dark Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=3019684

Post by Seige » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Water walks are awesome. It's easy on the joints, it's a steady pace and it's relaxing.
Of course Dancing is the best Work out because it's not actually work it's getting jiggy with it! lol

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:49 am

I don't mind walking, but I'd rather do it in the prettiest days when the scenery around here is worth a look. I'm not one of the people who must go for a run / walk even if it was terribly cold or rainy, I'd rather switch to indoor exercise then.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm

bicycle , even if I recently got an electric bike to assist my rides . I find being able to go long distances and return quickly more enjoyable than running or walking and saves on gasoline .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 am

When we find time to get together and when the conditions are okay, three friends and myself swim out to the islands and then back again for lunch, that will always be my favourite workout! The rest of the time I enjoy cycling and walking with my favourite journey being a cycle ride to the medieval town nearby (10 minutes) and then a walk up to the castle above (45 minutes).

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am

For females: How to lift your bust with simple moves.

And also...

What kind of diet / workout you need, by body type. Seems like I'm probably a endo-mesomorph, though I also have the slender (as in thin) bones, and height of an ectomorph, and the metabolism of an endomorph so where should I place myself...

Maybe I could really use this info to tailor my individual health program...

ChocolateCookie
Pixel Mod

Post by ChocolateCookie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Elaini wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am
For females: How to lift your bust with simple moves.
I'm sorry, but I really hate videos like this. Firstly, no one should be expecting noticeable lasting results by working out a bit in two weeks. It just isn't that fast and simple, but more importantly, while the exercises she does use the right muscles, honestly, those exercises aren't going to do much for you. It is true that by working out your chest, you can really make your breasts perkier, you need to do a proper muscle workout for it and gain some actual muscle mass. Which isn't going to really happen with those exercises without any actual weights.

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:24 pm

The video felt a bit honest to me because she promised creating perkiness instead of growing the cup size, unlike the others.

But then again, I'm just really looking for my right direction for the moment, since I'm gaining muscle while losing fat... so my scale numbers are barely budging even if my shape has become nicer. That's actually one of the endomorph problems - gaining muscle but heavier workout doesn't also equal losing more fat.

I also don't consume processed white sugar on a daily basis... unless some foods I get here have some it added.

ChocolateCookie
Pixel Mod

Post by ChocolateCookie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Growing the cup size? What? Who is claiming this? The most common problem that athletic women have is that as your body weight drops, your cup size reduces. That's why body builders often have fake breasts. Muscle training definitely does not give you a bigger cup size, breast tissue is mostly fat and the size of your breasts depends on your body fat percentage, and muscle training tends to reduce that.

I also wouldn't be too hung up on the body type theory. While it is true that we are all different, it is not that simple and there is a lot of false knowledge. There are sources that claim that your bone structure defines your metabolism, that is completely false. Genetics do play a role in how fat is distributed on your body and how easy it is for a person to gain muscle mass, when it comes to weight, all that really matters is CICO. Low fat or low carb diets do fit certain people better, but in the end, it is all just calories no matter how and when you consume them and you should mostly go by what you feel works for you personally. Weight loss is 75% your diet.

If you are worried about gaining too much muscle, try more cardio workouts. Dancing and running are fun and great! I used to love cardio but I can't do it anymore because I'll really struggle with me weight when I do, It was fine when I was trying to lose weight but now I don't want to become more underweight than I already am.

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 pm

The cup size increading was in another one of the related videos... but nevermind that. Those ones I didn't buy from the start. Actually I'm alright with my breasts reducing a little in the process of workout.

Alright, I'll try to see what cardio would be nice... dancing sounds good, since I'm really into music as well.

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Some scientists would seem to say that how you breathe during the exercise has a major impact on how much fat you burn.

Why so? Because fat burning is a chemical reaction, and the fat simply changes form - what it's made of simply doesn't disappear. The oxygen you inhale helps to break the fat down. What is broken down is lost by exhalation (carbon dioxide), roughly about 80%, and the rest 20% is lost as water.

Research link
Required oxygen

It doesn't mean that we should start hyperventilating of course. The key is to do balanced practice of muscle and lungs simultaneously. Some lighter workout (such as pilates or yoga) would support this method.

This is what I'm using now for about half an hour a day (if possible), and I am losing weight in a pretty good way. It has been a while that I have actually smiled looking at my scale numbers and I want to go all the way.

I guess I just forgot how good yoga is to my body. I feel more able every day, losing aches I didn't know I had.