IMVU Community funnies!

For all the things that don’t fit anywhere else
MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

IMVU Community funnies!

Post by MandaMarie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:02 am

Have you seen something funny, you don't want others to miss out on? Well here is your spot. Due to how hard it can be finding anything over there, I figured we could have a place to put some of the silly stuff we see that's due to how bad that entire set up is. The language filter is great! :)

ImageImage
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

Roy
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Roy

Re: IMVU Community funnies!

Post by Roy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 am

My completely unrelated help ticket responses would be funny if they were not so aggravating.

For example, recently, I made a ticket in the new system about how I have not been able to accept friend requests from Client, Phone, or Next. (Only when I "intercept" them in chat).

They responded by telling me to clear my client cache.

I was so annoyed. I clear my cache a LOT. I also mentioned how I could not accept them anywhere and that was overlooked.

(I can seem to add them manually from the homepages)

I feel like it is like tech support asking if the appliance is plugged in when you already give an indication the device is obviously on.

It is also kind of funny when I can go onto Next and bump my friends with my alt in the chat rooms because on NEXT almost no one is actually seated where they are in the client. (this could obviously be abused, but I only done it with my friends while joking about it. I even bumped my own avi)

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 am

Roy wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 am
My completely unrelated help ticket responses would be funny if they were not so aggravating.

For example, recently, I made a ticket in the new system about how I have not been able to accept friend requests from Client, Phone, or Next. (Only when I "intercept" them in chat).

I was so annoyed. I clear my cache a LOT. I also mentioned how I could not accept them anywhere and that was overlooked.

I feel like it is like tech support asking if the appliance is plugged in when you already give an indication the device is obviously on.

It is also kind of funny when I can go onto Next and bump my friends with my alt in the chat rooms because on NEXT almost no one is actually seated where they are in the client. (this could obviously be abused, but I only done it with my friends while joking about it. I even bumped my own avi)
Try to reinstall IMVU completely. I am trying to track down what it is, but something keeps happening to my IMVU install folder. For some reason, it starts to use my CPU even when it's shut down. I can relog, but then again my CPU usage increases. As time go's on the CPU usage keeps going higher, and higher until it's maxed out at 99% (it reaches this 99% after 4 to 8 days, different each time). Only fix I found was a complete wipe of IMVU and fresh install. I have tried rebooting, clearing the entire "roaming" cache folder and even a full computer cleaning with multiple programs. Nothing else fix's it. Maybe your install has the same issue or similar and could be affecting your client. But as for Next, no clue.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

;)

Roy
Mega Pixel

Post by Roy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 am

MandaMarie wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 am
Roy wrote:

Try to reinstall IMVU completely. I am trying to track down what it is, but something keeps happening to my IMVU install folder. For some reason, it starts to use my CPU even when it's shut down. I can relog, but then again my CPU usage increases. As time go's on the CPU usage keeps going higher, and higher until it's maxed out at 99% (it reaches this 99% after 4 to 8 days, different each time). Only fix I found was a complete wipe of IMVU and fresh install. I have tried rebooting, clearing the entire "roaming" cache folder and even a full computer cleaning with multiple programs. Nothing else fix's it. Maybe your install has the same issue or similar and could be affecting your client. But as for Next, no clue.
I actually did a clean install not to long ago and the problem has been ongoing for months. I personally think it is IMVU not syncing up with the other platforms or they changed some coding there. I know a lot of people have been having trouble adding or rejecting requests.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 am

;)

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Roy wrote:

I'm no expert and I can't say for sure but most likely It isn't you or on your end there is a glitch due to Next sucking .
Cuz I've had the same/similar thing happen to me where in Next I will see my friend requests but in client and webpage they don't show up .
So anyways I don't think there is anything we can do about it and it's been like this for . . a long time . Not sure they care or know its an issue
but I've writtem em about it too with the typical form response reply .
MandaMarie wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 am
Roy wrote:

I remember this issue - a program you un-installed or something you deleted like , imvu a video/pic is hung up and didn't actually delete .
Did you happen to notice perhaps that when you tried to delete something it wont delete and just stays there ? If so the case I forget the exact fix of that is how to delete it but its relatively easy . . If that sounds familiar and we can figure it out , I've got the fix book marked somewhere .

Next time you see this happening , goto your task manager . In processes you will/should see a com-surrogate that keeps rising and rising . Just right click and end process , if you end process it will come right back ( com surrogate ) and then that is most likely the issue - So better yet end process tree will stop the memory usage problem . That will be a temporary fix where it wont use up all your memory . Also I'd highly recommend you restart your pc more often like once a day . Anyways let me know and if any of this sounds familiar and we probably can fix it when we figure out what file is glitchin your memory out .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Roy
Mega Pixel

Post by Roy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:30 pm

I find that I can accept friend requests from the notification center. I wonder if that feature is what "broke" it for me. I had it turned off...now that I have it turned on, I seem to be able to accept them from the client in the traditional way too.

Trying to accept them on Next still does not work.

When I accept them on the webpage, it looks like they accepted, but they pop up later as if it never did.

:roll: